Full-Time HEALTH SPECIALIST
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VILLAGE FOCUS INTERNATIONAL
VACANCY FOR LAO NATIONAL:
Health Specialist for Survivors of Trafficking
Village Focus International (VFI) is an INGO working in the Lao PDR since 2001. We are looking to fill the positions of Health Specialist as a key staff member of a new project entitled ‘Improved Quality Health Services for Victims of Trafficking in Southern Laos, as part of VFI’s Protection and Empowerment of Women & Children (PEWC) program. This position is based in Vientiane, with frequent travel to southern provinces. And Administration Assistant, based in Vientiane & under the supervision of Finance and Admin Manager
1. Health Specialist will be responsible to:
• Develop a health care training module for victims of trafficking, for both mental and physical health care
• Develop a health care guidebook for health workers and other duty bearers to serve survivors of trafficking or people vulnerable to trafficking.
• Build linkages with University of Laos, NGOs and government
• Conduct meetings and workshop related to health issues for trafficking victims.
• Implement training activities on the health care guidebook and modules mentioned above
• Develop a project activity plan and reports, in both Lao and English (desired)
• Linkages with Champasak Provincial Health Office (and other provinces) as well as hospitals and clinics.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in health or related field
• Ability to develop project reports in Lao and English (with minimal assistance)
• A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
• Experience working with trafficking cases or projects on human trafficking will be highly regarded
• Ability to plan and manage overall project implementation with minimal supervision
• Detailed understanding of trafficking, CRC, CEDEW and related issues
• Experience in communications / campaigning / mass media
• Computer skills: word processing, power point, email, internet
• Leadership skills: able to train, supervise and manage project staff
• Fluency in spoken Lao and English
• Ability to communicate effectively and network with a range of stakeholders
• Ability/interest in working closely with Government, INGOs and the private sector
• Experience in and appreciation of ethnic minority groups and gender-related issues
• Willingness to travel and work in provinces
• Be cheerful, open minded and willing to work and dial with the trafficking victims
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and especially trafficking victims
How to Apply
Please send your written application together with CV, copies of certificates and references before 25 October 2012 to Kongseng SIRIVATH at email@example.com for Health Specialist position and to Thoummy Dethavongsa at firstname.lastname@example.org for Administration Assistant.
Tel: 021 312519 or send to VFI Laos, Box 4697 Vientiane, Lao PDR.
1256 total views, 1 today