Full-Time HEALTH OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ChildFund Laos is the representative office of ChildFund Australia – an independent and non-religious international development organisation that works to reduce or eliminate poverty for children in the developing world. ChildFund Australia directly implements programmes in Cambodia, Laos, Papua New Guinea and Vietnam and manages projects delivered by partner organisations in Asia, Africa and the
Americas. ChildFund Australia is a member of ChildFund Alliance – a global network of 12 organisations, which assists more than 15 million children in 57 countries. ChildFund Australia is a registered charity and is fully accredited by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID).
Health Officer – 1 position
Position Location: Nonghet based with 50% traveling to project area in Nonghet district, Xiengkhouang province
Position is for Lao Nation ONLY
The Health Officer (HO) is responsible for assisting the Community Strength Team Leader in the implementation of all health related activities including community engagement, capacity building and awareness rising. Specifically, the HO position will focus on supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of the Strong Communities for Mothers and Children project.
• To work closely with Community Strength Team Leader to promote capacity building through health education.
• To identify how activities can effectively address the needs of vulnerable mothers, children, girls and ethnic community children.
• To carry out monitoring and evaluation of all ChildFund health activities and to critically assess their impact on children and their communities including documenting relevant case studies.
• To work closely with government partners in conducting relevant health training for partner communities.
• To co-ordinate closely with stakeholders/partners to ensure that projects run according to agreed implementation plans.
• To support stakeholders/partners to implement project activities according to the implementation plan.
• To participate in IMC monitoring activities to ensure the project meets agreed outcome commitments.
Remuneration and Benefits
ChildFund Laos can offer an excellent package to the right candidate with excellent opportunities for professional development and a strong benefits package. ChildFund Laos is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Applications can be made by email or post or by hand delivery to ChildFund Laos office in Vientiane or Ban Thamxay, Nonghet District, Xiengkhouang Province ; all other applications will be rejected. In addition, ChildFund will ONLY accept applications that include a CV and a cover letter that addresses the criteria above. ChildFund Laos will not return any applications and does not require interested candidates to submit copies of certificates, ID cards or any other information.
Vientiane, Lao PDR. The deadline of the application is 27 July 2012
ChildFund Laos has a strict child protection policy and background checks will be undertaken prior to any offer of employment. All candidates should submit two professional referees including their current or most recent employer.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD ONLY CONTAIN A CURRENT CV AND A COVER LETTER ADDRESSING THE CRITERIA OUTLINED FOR THE POST. PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1202 total views, 1 today