Full-Time GUARD SHIFT SUPERVISOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 13/03)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Guard Shift Supervisor, FSN-6
OPENING DATE: March 26, 2013
CLOSING DATE: April 12, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: Actual salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN. ALL ORDINARY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Guard Shift Supervisor in the Regional Security Office (RSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent reports directly to the Guard Force Commander and is one of five front line shift supervisors for the Embassy Guard Force. In addition, during each shift, the shift supervisor conducts Embassy and Warehouse post inspections and coordinates monthly emergency response drills. The incumbent is responsible for reviewing and understanding all applicable RSO and Guard Orders and Embassy Operational Plans. The incumbent prepares written evaluations for 23 Embassy guards.
Full position description is available in HR Office.
1. Education: Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Prior Work Experience: Two years of military or police or guard duties
3. Language Proficiency: Level III (good working knowledge) English and Lao is required
4. Job Knowledge: A good working knowledge of the principles of facilities protective security.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must be able to take initiative and work with a minimal amount of supervision. Must be able to deal effectively with people from different cultures in order to obtain goals and cooperation as well as to represent the American Embassy in a professional manner.
How to ApplyInterested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered: 1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html 2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. 3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above. SUBMIT APPLICATION TO Human Resources Office American Embassy Rue Bartholonie, That Dam PO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos
1141 total views, 1 today