Full-Time GRAPHIC DESIGNER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF)
Request for Expression of Interest
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Project: The Poverty Reduction Fund
Description: Graphic Designer (communication materials for PRF II)
Grant No.: H685-LA
Project No.: P 123480. Date of Issue: August 3, 2012
The Government of Laos, with support from the World Bank, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, AuSAID and JSDF has set up the Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF) to deliver small scale development project including support to livelihood activities at the Kum ban and Village levels. The project is now seeking for a
Graphic Design Consultant:
The purpose of the assignment is to provide long term graphic design and illustration services so that there is continuity in the IEC outputs’ design and a consistent conceptual style which is easily understood and culturally relevant to PRF’s primary target groups: poor, rural Lao communities, and which facilitates communicating key PRF messages and information. The outputs will focus on supporting the PRF participatory process, self help group formation, increasing livelihoods and improving nutrition, feedback and resolution mechanism, and other topics needed to support program implementation.
Specifically, the objectives are to:
– Develop an attractive, clear illustrations / visualization style suitable for conveying information and
representing ideas so they are easily understand by target groups.
– Visualize PRF processes, mechanisms, principles, etc. in a way that reinforces the ‘spirit’ of the PRF‘s pro
poor and community empowerment approach, mission and vision.
– Prepare visual IEC materials including but not limited to: posters, flip charts, flyers, discussion cards and
other illustrations and diagrams as required by PRF II.
– Revise and finalize the IEC materials after field testing.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Excellent in knowledge of the relevant design and desktop publishing skills and software such as Page
Maker, Photo Shop, Corel Draw, Illustrator, In Design
• Extensive publications layout and design experience
• Experiences with projects using participatory approach is an asset
• Knowledge of development issues and understanding of rural cultures is an asset
• Graphic design, Illustration and visualization skills
• Creative and conceptualization skills
• Fluent in English
• Women are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyThe detailed job descriptions for both positions can be obtained at PRF website: http://www.prflaos.org or at PRF office. All interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents (certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, transcript of graduation, a list of at least three referees, etc) to the HR Officer, Poverty Reduction Fund, Prime Minister’s Office 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625 Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479 - 80, Email: email@example.com. Please note that all submitted documents will not be returned. Deadline for applications: August 17, 2012 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1524 total views, 2 today