Full-Time FMIS (Forest Management Information System) Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Burapha Agroforestry Co., Ltd is a Swedish/Lao plantation and plantation wood products manufacturing company, with its own saw mill, processing facilities and plantations. We are committed to managing and developing our business in a sustainable manner. Balancing our economic, environmental and social responsibilities is necessary for sustainable business and beneficial to all stakeholders.
We are looking for Lao Nationals to join our Company.
FMIS (Forest Management Information System) Coordinator
1. Advanced GIS and mapping skills;
2. English fluency;
3. Bachelor Degree or higher; and
4. Experience with forest management or a related field.
1. Experience with database management;
2. Able to work in the field with staff to implement projects;
3. Capable of building a team and providing staff training; and
4. Ambition to grow into a role in the company head quarters.
1. Assist in the development and implementation of a forest management information system (FMIS), either off-the-shelf or developed in-house;
2. Coordinate data collection, management and storage;
3. Coordinate GIS and mapping activities;
4. Maintain the company’s environmental and social management system;
5. Ensure planning and reporting is completed in a timely manner and approved by management;
6. Ensure that staffs have the training and tools required to complete their planning and mapping activities.
7. Work with the Planning and Control Manager to ensure that plans are within budget;
8. Work on new data collection, GIS and mapping technologies to support forest management activities.
Requirements for all applicants:
All applicants must have the right attitude to be able to learn and work under difficult conditions in remote areas. Also essential is the ability to understand Lao farmer’s situation and willingness to work with them as a team. Women have an equal opportunity, therefore are strongly encouraged to apply.
– Hard working and trust worthy
– Good organizational skills
– Ability to work independently and in team
– Good communicating skills (verbal and written)
– Good command in MS Office
– Driver’s license
The positions will be on a 08.00-17.00 basis, full time. Some periodic travel required to project areas ( within Vientiane Province) .
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and proof of qualifications to: email@example.com Telephone : 021 45 18 41 -2 46 Kaysone Phomvihane Road Ban Phonesaath Vientiane
1604 total views, 2 today