Full-Time FINANCE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
NORWEGIAN PEOPLE’S AID
Notice of Recruitment – Lao National Staff
The Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is a Norwegian humanitarian organization supporting capacity building and development in many countries and has been engaged in the UXO clearance in Laos since 1997. The strategic goal for the programme is to reduce the humanitarian and socio-economic threat posed by unexploded ordnance (UXO). NPA Lao PDR is regulated by the National Regulatory Authority (NRA) for the UXO Sector. The programme currently has more than 296 staff and receives funding from the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NMFA), Norwegian Telethon (NRK-1), the United States Department of State and the Norwegian Trade Union. NPA Laos wishes to recruit of a qualified and well-motivated person for the following positions:
Finance Officer (3 positions), base in Vientiane Capital, Ta-Oy and Sekong; one position in each base
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain financial records and financial system, which conform to the accounting standard and practices of NPA HQ in Oslo.
• Perform monthly cash counts with the Line Manager and prepare cash and bank reconciliation reports to the Finance Manager. Provides update of fund balances and prepare cash flow plan for the next operational period
• Review travel claims and other claims.
• Ensure sufficient and timely disbursements of cash to project activities as per request.
• Ensure timely payment of bills with prior approval by the Line Manager.
• Ensure that all expenditures at the offices are properly recorded on a daily basis in the ledger and that all expenditures are properly authorized on the appropriate vouchers and accompanied by appropriate original receipts. Report discrepancies to the Line Manager and make corrections as advised.
• Other duties assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
• Two years of experience working within the relative field.
• Previous experience working for an INGO is an advantage.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Good computer skills.
• Willingness to travel and work in other location within Laos if needed
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter to NPA office: 368 Ban Saphanthong, Sisattanak District, VientianeCapital, and Tel:+856 20 264 812; or via e-mail address at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is April26, 2013(at 17:00).
Women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1179 total views, 1 today