Full-Time FINANCE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Health
The Principal Recipient (PR) Office
Vacancy Announcement for Finance Officer
The Principal Recipient office (Ministry of Health) received since 2003, 13 grants from the Global Fund to fight HIV AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria for an approximate total amount of U$100 millions. Three grants are currently active.
The Principal Recipient (PR) provides Procurement and Logistics services, Monitoring and Evaluation expertise and Financial Management Systems to a number of Sub-Recipients who are directly responsible for implementing prevention, care and treatment intervention programs in Lao PDR.
To complete its finance and accounting team the Principal Recipient is seeking one full time finance Officer to be based in Vientiane office.
Main responsibilities : Under the supervision of the head of finance:
• Contribute to the monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly financial report
• Participate to accounting recording and reporting
• Participate to the budget preparation and review
• Participate to and reinforce the internal control
• Contribute to the capacity building of the implementation sites and partners
• Contribute to other financial related issues: external audit, internal audit, meetings…
• A degree in accounting, financial management, business (Bachelor/Master),
• At least three years of recent and relevant finance and accounting work experience.
• Familiar with Lao accounting rules and principles as well as with GAAP standards
• Comprehensive computer skills in Excel and other software packages.
• Experience with computerized accounting packages is required.
• Fluency in English – written and spoken
• Familiarity with government and international aid project operations. Especially relevant, experience with Global Fund, World Bank or other grant/loan/donor funded projects will be advantage.
• Tolerant and patient when working under difficult and demanding conditions.
• Experience as a Trainer and in using training methodologies,
• Open to learn new techniques.
• A willingness to travel to provinces of Laos for short durations
• Self-directed and team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may obtain further information or Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours, 08:30 -16:30 hours.
The interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to the address below by 4 November, 2013.
Attention to: Dr. Chanmy Sramany
Manager of the Principal Recipient Office
Ministry of Health, Lao PDR
Tel.: 856 21 242980
Fax.: 856 21 242981
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
1440 total views, 2 today