Full-Time FINANCE OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE International in Lao PDR CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao nationals for the following positions (based in provinces). CARE offers staff competitive salaries and excellent benefits
Finance officer (1 Position)
Job Location: Dak Cheung district, Sekong province
The main responsibilities:
• Support senior finance officer to arrange bank transfers for project activity implementation as requested by the project manager ensuring that CAREs financial policies are upheld at all times
• Check that all payment, cash advance and acquittal vouchers are completed and coded as per Care’s Chart of Account and ensure that they are properly approved.
• Utilize (update/manage) the monthly financial reports (finsum) to monitor project expenses and keep the project manager informed about the monthly spending monitoring reports for projects related expenditures;
• Follow up on staff salaries with Vientiane, as well as field/housing/DSA and other allowances
• Provide information/ financial documentation for auditing requirements
• Manage sub-office safe, including cash count follow up.
• Ensure payment and receipt vouchers are supported with valid supporting documents when submitted by staff for payments
• Perform relevant checks concerning COA i.e. account codes and transactions analysis codes (T0 – T5) before transactions entered into financial books
• Keep track of all receivable and payable balances and clear them as often as possible using finsum
• Undertake filing of all areas of your work
• Ensure timely closure and opening of monthly accounting books, vouchers and supporting documents filed in relevant project folders
• Assist with office administration – including asset follow up, timesheet follow up. Booking accommodation, etc.
• Ensure that all team members, visitors and guests are treated fairly with respect and empathy
• Maintain a good working relationship providing high quality support for all team members.
• Develop and implement programs to promote CARE’s high ethical standards among project staff.
• Prioritizes responsibilities and meets schedules and deadlines.
• Works efficiently and effectively and maintains professional composure under difficult, stressful situations.
• Effectively and efficiently identifies problems and recognises symptoms, causes and potential solutions.
• Brings irresolvable issues to the awareness of the Line Manager/ SMT
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Understanding of computer, especially Excel
• Basic understanding of English
• Good understanding of accounting principles
• Honest, hardworking and self-motivated
• Ability to speak Tariang an advantage
How to Apply
For complete job descriptions, please refer to the website www.directoryofngos.org and go to Job Openings Qualified candidates should submit their CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience Required to: CARE Laos, PO Box 4328, 329/25 Sibounheuang Road, Ban Sibounheuang; And CARE Sekong office, Ban Mai houa meug, Lanam Dist, Sekong province; CARE Sayabouly, Ban Simeuang, Sayabouly Province; Phongsaly office, Ban Phonxay, Khua Dist, Phongsaly provinceOr send email to Lao.Jobs@careint.org
Deadline for applications is 30 July 2013CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be returned. CARE Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. CARE-Laos is committed to working towards equitable relationships and opportunity for women and men. CARE-Laos seeks to create and maintain an organization environment that is free of harassment and exploitation of children. CARE encourages members of ethnic groups of Lao PDR, women and people living with disabilities, who meet the selection criteria, to apply for this position
1101 total views, 1 today