Full-Time FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Finance and Administration Officer
TAF-Lao PDR office
The Asia Foundation (TAF) is a non- profit organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. The Asia Foundation supports programs in Asia that help improve governance and law, women’s empowerment, economic reform and development, and international relations/regional cooperation.
The Asia Foundation’s Lao PDR office is seeking a motivated and qualified Lao national to fill the position of Finance and Administration Officer. The person selected will oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s financial operations and office administration, and be responsible for the overall management and direction of the financial, administrative and information technology policies and procedures in the Foundation’s Lao PDR office. This person will ensure the office’s program support functions (finance, admin and IT) are implemented efficiently and cost-effectively by providing adequate support to programs.
The person hired will be responsible for assuring effective stewardship of all financial resources, accurate compliance with financial reporting requirements, achieving full compliance with internal/external financial audit requirements, leading the program support team, and providing support and guidance to project staff. Provide coaching, mentoring and training to program support staff as part of the on-going development of their skills and knowledge.
In general, the basic functions of this position will include the strategic management, oversight, monitoring and reporting of Financial, Administrative, Information Technology support and operations and all legal matters. In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all internal and external audits, and for the overall management, support and capacity development of TAF’s support staff. This position will also ensure proper documentation and filing of all papers as per organizational/statutory/donor policies.
Required qualifications and experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial management, or Business; Master’s degree or CPA certificate preferred
– Supervisory level experience in Finance and Administration in same position at a minimum of eight years of finance and administration experience with an international not-profit organization
– Superb attention to detail, excellent accounting, and computer skills
– Adaptability and ability to work closely with multinational and Lao Government partners. Financial management, accounting, grants management and administration skills. Strong computer skills required (proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, experience using Quick Books and Advantage).
– Training, facilitation, communication and leadership skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills and is a team player
– Experience working with an international organization is preferred.
– Provide experience with internet and/or External Audits is preferred.
– Strong written and spoken communications skills both in Lao and English.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume (certificates or other support documents please) to Mr. John Brandon, Acting Country Representative, at John.Brandon@asiafoundation.org with “Finance and Administration Officer” written in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The application deadline is Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:00PM. Only short-listed candidates will contacted.
1412 total views, 2 today