Full-Time FINANCE AND ADMIN ASSISTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of Christian churches in the Lutheran tradition. Founded in 1947 in Lund, Sweden, the LWF now has 145 member churches in 79 countries all over the world representing 70.5 million Christians.
The Department for World Service (DWS) is one department of the LWF which works in 32 countries through two regional programs, 16 country programs, 9 associate programs and emergency operations, and one other program presence, with up to 50 international staff and consultants and 5,000 national staff. All DWS country programs started at the invitation of local church or governmental partners in response to emergency situations, whether natural disaster, human-made disaster or armed conflict. In many areas, DWS continued work with the local population after the initial emergency, shifting its focus to development activities. LWF member churches and other institutions partner with DWS to target sustainability, advocacy, empowerment, capacity building, risk management and disaster preparedness.
Position Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Base station in Viengphoukha district, Luangnamtha province is for Lao national ONLY.
Duration of assignment – Annual contract with 3 months probation period.
The Financial and Admin Assistant (FAA) will assist the Project Officer (PO) to effectively and efficiently manage the financial matters, logistic and procurement, personnel administration and officer management to make sure the implementation of related matters are in line with LWF policies and procedures.
The Financial and Admin Assistant bases in the Viengphoukha District Office, but is required to undertake regular visits to the project village, the Luangnamtha Province and Vientiane. The Finance and Admin Assistant is supervised by and is responsible to the Project Officer but also works under the guidance of and in close cooperation with the Finance and Admin Officer in Vientiane and other relevant staff as a team member.
This is position is responsible for project level financial management and direct supervisory responsibility for the guard/cleaner. It is a project management team position
• Responsible for safe handling of cash and ensure that security guidelines are implemented
• Prepares cash flow & budgeting based on the project document
• Always certify fund available for any proposal or fund request from staff
• Maintain proper bookkeeping and filing
• Bank Reconciliation and transaction as applicable
• Prepare financial reports and other documentation as required
• Assist with screening local community project proposals and the financial management of their implementation
• Disburses funds on behalf of LWF in compliance with LWF procedures.
• Coordinate and provide clear information for external and internal audits.
• Regularly check the procurement documents and make sure they are all in line with LWF policies.
• Control and update all fixed assets and inventory lists.
• Keep all communication, office equipment and vehicles running smoothly.
• Reporting on maintenance of assets/ equipments and other office utilities.
• Manage and control vehicle use according to policy.
• Prepare the office supplies to meet the requirements for all staff.
• Support the Project Officer in preparing correspondences, communications and other documents as required.
• Make sure office is securely guarded and clean
• Provide supports to all project staff and supervise the guard/cleaner.
• Prepare performance appraisals for the guard/cleaner and support them with staff development
• Other activities as requested by the supervisor.
• At least two years experience in finance or accounting management in company/ government or NGO agencies.
• Good communication skills with rural population.
• Good command in spoken and written English, respectively willingness to improve English ability
• Computer literacy in word, excel, ACPPAC, etc.
• Willing to work with the farmers in the remote areas and open good relationship with the poorest and assist them to improve their standard of living.
• Team spirit and attitude of service.
How to Apply
Please submit an application letter with full CV including the names and contract details of three referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to P.O Box: 1484, LWF office, House 150, Vatnak village, Unit 08, Sisattanak district, Vientiane Capital.
Lutheran World Federation is an equal opportunity organization. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Friday 20 September 2013.
Note: Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
1471 total views, 1 today