Full-Time FIELD MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Field Manager (Based in Savannakhet)
The Field Manager (“FM”) is responsible for Room to Read’s operations in Savannakhet and other southern provinces.
The FM is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and effective coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all elements of the Literacy Program and Girls’ Education Program, financial management, hiring, local procurement, inventory management, distribution and logistical supporting his/her region.
S/he will report to the Program Operations Director and will directly manage the Literacy Program/Operations Field
Officers, School Infrastructure Engineers, Girls’ Education Program (“GEP”) Program Officers and an Administrative/
Finance Associate in close collaboration with relevant Managers at the Country Office.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Ensures staff are consistently complying and adhering to policies, procedures and guidelines articulated in the
CO handbooks, and facilitates the dissemination of information to all staff members to promote transparency;
• Ensures the performance management process is well-planned and conducted in a timely for all field staff. This includes setting performance goals, conducting progress check-ins, providing feedback, conducting year-end appraisals, and making recommendations for staff development and career advancement;
• Collaborates with Human Resources to handle recruitment and training of staff according to need;
• Supervises fund disbursement, reviews and approves the field monthly financial expenses in accordance with financial and purchasing policy and procedures;
• Conducts regular field visits to monitor and verify the programs’ progress and impact, understand the challenges and needs of stakeholders (e.g., RtR staff, Social Mobilizers, Field Facilitators, communities, children, etc…), and the appropriate RtR solutions;
• Coordinates the timely completion of annual planning and prepares monthly and quarterly implementation and budget forecasting;
• Attends to donor affairs including hosting donor and project site visits in collaboration with programs staff;
• Meets regularly with local government representatives, NGO partners, school administrators and parent groups and other tasks assigned by Project Director/ Country Director.
• Master’s Degree in Education Administration, Social Science, Project Management, or equivalent experience;
• Minimum of 10 years’ related work experience, with experience in leadership and management roles. Prior experience working with schools, teachers, administrators and government officials is advantageous;
• Strong planning, budgeting/financial management, administrative, supervisory, coaching and program development skills;
• Good knowledge and understanding of education issues, including teaching methodologies and community involvement in schools;
• Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people;
• Ability to stay in the field and travel to designated project sites;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter indicating position applied and CV in English through email: Laos@roomtoread.org . In case, you cannot reach us through email, you can post and send it to the country office in the address: P.O
Box 11607, Ban Watnak, Unit 5 Sisattanak District, Vientiane Lao PDR.
Also you can also find the job details in INGO Web site: http://www.directoryofngos.org/pub/index.php
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted
1182 total views, 1 today