Full-Time FIELD INTERPRETER TRANSLATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Norwegian People’s Aid- Notice of recruitment – Lao National Staff
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) has been engaged in the UXO sector in Laos since 1997 and has worked in partnership with the national clearance capacity, UXO Lao. NPA is now expanding its program and in line with this programme expansion, there is a need for staff recruitment.
NPA is seeking 2 Field Interpreter Translator positions:
1 based in Sekong Province and 1 based in Saravane Province.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide translation and interpretation for the Field Operations Manager in the field and office
• Provide translation and interpretation for International Technical Advisor in the field and office
• Any other duties as directed by the Field Operations Manager or International Technical Advisor
• English Diploma
• High level of written and spoken English
• Ability to provide interpretation promptly without hesitation
• Ability to provide precise, accurate interpretation without omissions or additions
• Good knowledge of PC operations and software ( Microsoft Office)
• Ability to work/sleep in difficult field environments such as walking with backpack in jungle (at times)
• Previous experience of work within the UXO Sector and is desirable
• Salary of over 3.5 Million LAK per month
• A challenging and interesting career working with international and national staff
• Work roster of 22 days per month with 8 or 9 days paid leave every month
• Benefits such as airtime allowance, field allowance, free accommodation, uniform, sleeping equipment, medical assistance, accident insurance, free return bus ticket to home location each month, up to 18 days holiday leave per year, sick leave, maternity leave and special leave.
Applications accepted until position found. Short-listed candidates will be called for interview. Successful candidates will be asked to start work as soon as possible .Interview will be in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants are kindly requested to submit a letter of application in English language, supported by curriculum vitae, addressed to Magnus Johansson,Senior Technical Advisor or by e-mail at the following address:
Mr Magnus Johansson email@example.com
Sekong Office Address:
NPA Sekong Office, House No:162, Unit 02, Ban Nongmyxay,
Lamam District, Sekong Province.
Tel/Fax: + 856 038 211 140 (Ask for Ms Vanhny)
Saravane Office Address:
NPA Saravan Office
Unit 03, Ban Laksong, Saravan District Saravan Province
Tel/Fax: + 856 034 211 084 (Ask for Mr Bowling)
1487 total views, 1 today