Full-Time Field Facilitators
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Save the Children is the world’s largest independent child rights development organisation, making a difference to children’s lives in more than100 countries. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the Children in Lao PDR implements programs through government partners in Sayaboury, LuangPrabang and Borikhamsay Provinces. We have now an opening for various positionsto join our organization. We are seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates who are visionary and inspiring leaders, committed to lead and develop breakthroughs and innovative approaches to our work, which are flexible and effective team players and have the ability to work in a culturally diverse team and deliver real and lasting change for children. We are seeking people who will lead in thought and action and create an empowering work culture which encourages learning and sharing.
Field Facilitators in Bolikhamxay – Lao PDR Country Office
The Community Facilitator is responsible for community processing and partner coordination to have an effective and efficient program implementation of emergency response in Bolikhamxay Province. Furthermore the all monitoring and follow up of is among the duties.
Major duties are:
• Responsible for contributing in the strengthening the Bolikhamxay Province organisational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with global SCI emergency goal and benchmarks;
• Actively support and participate in implementing a full set of emergency preparedness actions, as defined in MOS – drawing on SC Member input and resources;
• Actively support mounting appropriate and timely responses at scale to all emergencies consistent with established benchmarks, plans and organizational policies, and in close cooperation with incoming surge teams;
• Adhere to and implement the procedures and processes detailed in the Rules and Principles for emergency response;
• Assist in fund raising efforts for emergency preparedness and response, and disaster risk reduction.
The following qualifications are required for this position:
• Bachelor of Science graduate preferably agriculture or agriculture related;
• Over 2 years of field experience in a similar role;
• A very good understanding of situation in the villages.
• Previous experience in Emergency response;
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
• An appreciation of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children.
• Excellent relation to Government counterparts;
• Previous experience in facilitating community development project implementation.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Very good written and spoken English.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Sector: Emergency Response
Duty Station: Bolikhamsay
Position open: for National only
How to Apply
Interested candidates submit a CV with an accompanying letter that states why you are qualified for this post, including the contact details of three professional referees. Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer; well qualified female and candidates from diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply. Please send your application to:
Save the Children, HR and Support Services Manager, Rue Nerhu, Unit 25, Ban Phonexay (PO Box 7475) Or email to: Somsanouk.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is:Thu31st May 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children has a strict Child Safeguarding Policy and conducts thoroughbackground checks prior to any offer of employment.
1195 total views, 1 today