Full-Time DRIVER/MECHANIC OF ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION BUS & TRUCK
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Driver/Mechanic of Environmental Education Bus & Truck
The Project “Promotion of Climate-related Environmental Education” (ProCEEd) commissioned by German Development Cooperation is currently seeking 2 qualified Laotian candidates for Driver/Mechanic positions.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration of assignment: 16 months (Oct. 2014), extension possible
Work location: based in Vientiane Capital with frequent longer travel to provinces, districts and villages (mainly Khammouane, Houaphanh and Sayabouri)
- Drives the Environmental Education Bus or Truck safely and chauffeurs office staff, environmental education service provider, official visitors and guests to official destinations
- Is responsible – after being trained accordingly – for the correct use and maintenance of the photovoltaic (solar energy) system, the audio-visual system and other environmental education components of the bus or truck
- Regularly cleans the inside and outside of the Environmental Education Bus or Truck
- Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
- Is responsible for Environmental Education Bus or Truck documents and its care, keeps vehicle logbook on a daily basis and registers each monthly check
- Calculates the petrol, oil, and lubricant (POL) use on a monthly basis, is responsible for a special petty cash for POL and submits vouchers to accounting on a monthly basis
- Reports the need for vehicle maintenance and undertakes minor repairs
- Immediately reports any involvement of the bus or tuck in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle
- Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily
- Exchanges this information with other office (GIZ) drivers
- Serves all passengers in a friendly manner
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- If there is no outside driving activity, stands by in the office or at the current location of the Environmental Education Bus or Truck, supports other colleagues in the utilization of the bus or truck equipment, and does other office work as assigned
- Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving license entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive
- Assists in and/or carries out other activities and any tasks as assigned
Required Entry Qualifications and Competencies
- Secondary school
- Possession of a valid driver’s license for bus or truck
- Basic motor vehicle mechanics knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of basic English is an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- At least 5 years of working experience as a bus or truck driver, with references
- Exceptional experience with driving on mountainous and dirt roads.
- No history of major accidents
Reports to: Project Administration Officer
Women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application - CV and cover letter - explaining how your experience meets the requirements. The application deadline is Friday, 19. July 2013, 4.00pm and applications should be sent to the HR Unit of GIZ Office Vientiane, P.O. Box 9233, Vientiane Capital, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated confidentially and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1846 total views, 2 today