Full-Time DATA OFFICER
Data Officer (Lao National)
Handicap International (HI) is seeking a Data Officer for the Rehabilitation Project in Vientiane. The Rehabilitation Project’s objective is to Support to the Center for Medical Rehabilitation (CMR) to develop a national rehabilitation policy and a national strategic plan, Support the faculty of medical technology to upgrade initial training of physiotherapists, incorporate rehabilitation in the curriculum of medical doctors and promote internships, Support capacity building of the teachers at the faculty, Support the establishment of Physiotherapists’ and prosthetics and orthotics technicians’ associations, Adapt, pilot and replicate the Rehabilitation Management Systems across the 5 rehabilitation centers.
• With support of the Rehabilitation Coordinator and Rehabilitation Technical Support, develop data collection tools related to beneficiary information and project indicator measurement;
• With support of the Rehabilitation Coordinator and Rehabilitation Technical Support, develop a data management system;
• Ensure that, for activity implemented, the relevant team members have appropriate tools for recording data related to beneficiary participation and/or beneficiary feedback and are capable of correctly using relevant tools;
• Where necessary, provide training to HI or partner staffs on data collection tools and methodologies to ensure correct usage of data collection tools developed;
• Maintain data of training participant and produce appropriate case study of target group.
• Follow up with relevant team members (including staff from partner organizations – CMR, UHS, Children’s Hospital) to provide support and ensure correct collection of beneficiary data;
• Ensure that the project’s database and filing system are regularly updated and the relevant statistical data concerning project activities and beneficiaries are collected and adequately stored;
• Participate in regular project monitoring field visits to support the collection of data related to project assessment and monitoring of progress towards project indicators and overall project quality.
• Provide data and information to the relevant project manager(s) and Rehabilitation Coordinator to support preparation of monthly and quarterly reports;
• With the Rehabilitation Coordinator and Rehabilitation Technical Support, participate in meetings and dialogue with development stakeholders and HI partners (including from various sectors – MCH, Children’s Hospital, Rehabilitation) to support training and capacity development related to disability inclusive data collection.
• Work in harmony with HI team members to achieve project outcomes;
• Any other duties and tasks as assigned in line with mission objectives, outcomes, implementation and strategy.
• Lao National
• Associate degree in data management or a relevant subject +
• 3 years relevant working experience OR Bachelors degree in data management or a relevant subject
• Excellent skills with data management and analysis
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic verbal and written English communication skills
• Good knowledge of Windows MS Office.
• Moderate to advanced verbal and written English communication skills
• Experience working with an INGO, NGO, CBO or GRO.
• Experience working with people with disabilities.
For detail of TOR you can find at http://directoryofngos.org/
Handicap International offers Net Monthly salary: LAK 3.400.000 to LAK 3.800.000 + Medical fund+13th month+ other benefits.
HIB is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation working in the areas of disability rehabilitation, prevention and advocacy throughout the world. HIB was co-laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its work towards a total ban on the use, transfer, sale and stockpile of landmines.
How to ApplyApplicants should email a letter of interest and CV to the address below by 30 December 2014. State clearly in the Email subject the position being applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Handicap International P.O. Box 2496, 51/1 Hongkae Road, Ban Sisangvone, Saysettha District, Vientiane, Lao PDR Telephone: (021) 412110, 451298,Facsimile: (021) 416242 Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
3534 total views, 3 today