Full-Time COUNTRY FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – INDOCHINA
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Boart Longyear Company Corporate Office
ISO 14001 certified
ISO 9001:2000 certified
OSHAS 18001:1999 certified
Boart longyear delivers the most effective drilling solution in the widest world variety of applications to our customers around the world. Boart Longyear has been in Laos since 1993, the first international drilling company and currently expands more than 30 drilling rigs accompanied by the excess number of employees over 500+ Laos nationals.
Prior to our Lao branch enlargement in 2012, we are seeking the fulltime and permanent candidates filling the following positions in Indochina Office; Vientiane and sites.
Country Financial Controller – Indochina – Vientiane Capital
– Direct and control general accounting functions to optimise the utilisation of accounting staff.
– Control the selection and training of finance staff, establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to team.
– Oversee Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, Projects, Fixed Assets, Treasury, Tax and Payroll
– Liaise with the external auditors as required
– Direct and review month end accounts, including reconciliations of all bank accounts and other balance sheet items
– Review and signoff annual statutory accounts.
– Ensure provision of schedules for financial reporting are completed in line with BLY Policy and US GAAP
– Provide assistance to management in dealing with all government departments, including customs officials where necessary.
– Ensure that accounting records and supporting documentation are kept current and available for audit and investigative purposes.
– Assist in preparation of budgets and planning.
– Assist in establishing and implementing relevant internal controls for the Indochina.
– Continuously improve business systems, processes and practices in order to meet future demands.
– Any other adhoc reporting requirements.
– Ensure activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands, professional and ethical requirements.
– Minimum 7-10 years accounting experience
– Degree qualification in finance / accounting
– Lao national is advantage but Indochina expat is welcome
– Preferable CPA/CA member (regional body)
– Commercial acumen
– Facilitation & influencing skills
– Knowledge of financial systems & accounting practices
– Strong analytical skills & review methodologies
– Be able to use Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and other requirement.
– Excellent English communication and writing
How to ApplyTo apply, email to: email@example.com or deliver your CV and a statement explaining how your qualifications and experience match the position requirements, and your expectation to the address below. Interviews will be held in Vientiane, could be held at site if required.
1479 total views, 2 today