Full-Time CORPORATE SERVICES MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Corporate Services Manager
British Embassy Vientiane
Deadline for all applications: 24 September 2014
The British Embassy Vientiane is part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, military, economic, visa and consular interests overseas.
We are currently looking to recruit an individual for the full-time position of Corporate Services Manager.
The successful applicant will ensure the proper functioning of the Embassy on a range of Finance, HR, Estates, Security and administrative issues and manage the corporate services team.
The position will require a practical, hands-on approach to ensure the smooth running, efficient and cost effective operation of the British Embassy in Vientiane, along with strong people management and customer service skills. Training will be provided.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– To ensure Embassy finances are managed efficiently in line with FCO procedures and to oversee effective budget management and forecasting.
– To ensure effective liaison with the FCO’s Regional Corporate Services hub in Manila on regionalisation of corporate services and colleagues in other FCO Missions in SE Asia with regional responsibility for the Embassy in Vientiane.
– To manage the procurement of goods and services for the Embassy, ensuring this is done on a professional, auditable and value-for-money basis.
– To manage the Embassy estate (Embassy building, Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission Residences) and Embassy vehicles, ensuring proper maintenance and management of estate and transport records.
– To support the Deputy Head of Mission and Regional Security Manager in effective physical security management of the Embassy.
– To provide a range of HR support to Embassy staff, both UK based diplomats and locally-employed.
Direct line management of the corporate services team, drivers and guards.
– To manage other aspects of Embassy administration including health and safety, fire safety and first aid.
– At least 5 years working experience in corporate services/office management and financial management. Familiarity with Oracle financial management systems desirable.
– A degree in Finance management or a related field.
– Ability to work under own initiative and at times under pressure.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– Excellent written and spoken English (essential) and Lao (desirable).
– Ability to be an effective leader/manager of a small team and comfortable with managing and implementing change.
Terms of employment:
The grade of the job will be FCO B3(L). The successful applicant must be available to start work by November 2014.
The successful applicant will be offered a one-year fixed-term contract, with the possibility of upgrading to a permanent contract subject to performance and requirements of the Embassy. There will be a probationary period of 2 months, during which employment may be terminated if the jobholder is not performing to a satisfactory standard.
The British Government is an equal opportunities employer and this position is open to both Lao and foreign nationals. The successful candidate will work full-time, 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are 0830-1630 Monday-Friday. Employees will be entitled to 20 days leave per year, as well as up to a combined annual total of 14 Lao National and British public holidays. They will also benefit from a private medical package. Travel to the UK or to British Embassies in the region may be required and occasional work during evenings and weekends which will be compensated with time off in lieu.
Full training will be provided by the Embassy for the successful applicant.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website at, https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-vientiane/about/recruitment by 24 September 2014, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation for Laos in order to apply. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Only short-listed applications will be called for personal interview. The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to Lao employment law.
1237 total views, 1 today