Full-Time CONCLUSION PROJECT MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position Title: Inclusion Project Manager
Supervisor: Mekong Regional Program Manager
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Employment basis: Fulltime
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 3 years
Date: as soon as possible
Oxfam’s Mekong Regional Water Governance Program is implemented by two Oxfam affiliates and Mekong country teams. The program contributes to the East Asia Joint Regional Analysis and Strategy. The Inclusion Project is one of a number of sub-projects within this program.
The Inclusion Project is a 3.5 year AUD $6million project funded by DFAT as one of 4 pillars in the Australian Government’s Mekong Water Resources Program (AMWRP) 2014-17. Oxfam’s program objective is to enable communities and civil society to be better able to realise sustainable livelihoods in the Mekong and Salween river basins. Our objectives are that we will achieve this by facilitating i). increased civil society participation and engagement in water resource governance; and ii). promoting more open, inclusive, accountable and effective water resource governance. The program engages at regional scale, with partnerships and collaborations at country, regional and institutional levels. It is managed by the cross sectional Mekong team.
The aim of this project is to improve participation by civil society in water management. With a focus on women’s leadership and involvement in water management the project will contribute to Oxfam’s goal of fair sharing of Natural Resources.
The three Inclusion components will see Oxfam and its partners:
• building the capacity of civil society to engage in water management;
• focus on an improved consideration of gender in water management and hydropower development, and fostering women’s leadership; and
• convene and join in opportunities for policy dialogue and influence on better water management and governance of water.
This work seeks to influence changes at the community and civil society level, as well as changes in policies and practices at the national and trans boundary level.
The position is responsible for management and delivery of all work under this project. The position will form part of Oxfam Regional Mekong Program leadership team, working closely with OAus and ON staff. The position will coordinate work across three Inclusion component areas contributing to the two objectives outlined above, and will line manage a core program team, as well as coordinate work delivered by country and affiliate staff who are part funded by the project.
The position will manage project staff, and relationships with project partners and external stakeholders.
The position will play a lead role in project and budget planning, oversight and monitoring; ensuring the monitoring, valuation and learning (MEL) framework is embedded in the project cycle; grant and contract management; and strategic external engagement with stakeholders.
• Manage a regional team of technical advisors, core project staff and partnership grant and liaison staff to achieve the objectives of the Inclusion Project
• Provide leadership, oversight and monitoring of relationships with new and existing partners and key stakeholders – funded and non-funded.
• Provide high level representation for the Inclusion Project, with experience in water governance or related field
• Negotiate, influence, and facilitate public debate promoting voice of civil society.
• Lead the project, inclusive of tracking progress, budget planning, oversight and monitoring, grant and contract management.
• Ensure the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework is embedded in the project cycle;
• Manage the timely review and analysis of narrative and financial reports from project partners, Oxfam and donors.
• Ensure regular high quality documentation of project learning and achievements for a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
• Provide oversight, technical support and advice to the core team in their work with key partners and stakeholders in the focus areas of the program
• Ensure that regional and national policy influencing work is culturally and politically sensitive, informed by and linked to Oxfam’s work with civil society and communities.
• Ensure that gender is mainstreamed into all aspects of the integrated program.
• Develops and manages program budget, including monitoring and reporting.
• Ensure support is provided to Inclusion Project staff and partners in all aspects of the project cycle.
• Maintain oversight of grant disbursements and other contractual aspects of the program, and ensure narrative and financial reports meet Oxfam and donor requirements.
• Manage and ensure the integration and compliance of Oxfam’s policies and relevant sector codes of good practice.
• Monitor the inter-affiliate agreement and recommend amendments to ensure its effectiveness
• Manage the project staff consistent with Oxfam’s management standards
• Coordinates delegated accountabilities for project risks and reports regularly.
• Contribute to the implementation and compliance of Oxfam administrative, health, safety and security policies and frameworks.
• Accountable for the line management of the project and accountable to the Mekong Regional Program Manager and the Inclusion Project Governance Group.
Representation and Relationships
• With the Inclusion Project Steering Committee represent the project to DFAT
• Lead the Inclusion Project Team in its coordination with country teams and be a member of the Mekong Regional office team.
• Attend relevant Oxfam and external meetings and provide backstop support to the Mekong Regional Program manager on an as needs basis
• Build networks and collaborate with local and international organizations working in the same scope of work.
• Participate actively in wider organizational development and change processes and teams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience in cross cultural project management at a senior level.
• High level capacity and experience in managing multiyear, large budget, complex projects
• Experience with an international NGO, including leading the successful delivery of a large complex project
• Experience in distance and matrix management
• Experience in leading strategic planning and implementation
• Experience and technical skills in water governance management.
• Excellent facilitation, communication and coaching skills.
• Proven analytical and decision making skills in a challenging context.
• Experience working in environments with political sensitivities
• High level financial management skills and able to understand and explain budget and financial reports
Additional Skills and Experience:
• Experience in facilitating learning processes and in leading training.
• Relevant computer skills, which include experience in using project management software tools, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Excellent written (incl.report writing) and oral communication skills in English, Mekong language competency preferred.
• An ability to undertake significant travel to support program teams and partners in multiple countries, and to join field based work.
Participation and support for partner meetings and workshops will require frequent travel within the Mekong region and occasional travel outside the region.
The salary will be set according to the Oxfam Australia international remuneration guidelines.
How to Apply
Send your applications for this position by email to Oxfam.firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline on 17 April 2014.
We would like to receive a cv and a cover letter stating your motivation for the application and an example of a report written by you. Don’t send copies of diploma’s/certificates etc.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
2758 total views, 1 today