Short Term COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
CARE international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty with a special focus on assisting women and girls to lift their communities out of poverty. CARE International in Laos PDR (CARE Laos) works with the poorest and most marginalized communities to address the root causes of poverty and vulnerability.
CARE Laos is looking to recruit qualified and motivated Lao national to fulfil the positions as following
Community Development Officer to be based at Khua, Phongsaly Province (TEMPORARY CONTRACT- 4 MONTHS)
The Community Development Officer (CDO) has responsibility for planning and implementing various activities with a focus on food and nutritional security including maternal and child health as well as hygiene and sanitation. Together with her/his assistant the CDO will build the capacity of communities, and women in particular, to engage in local level decision-making processes affecting their health and nutrition.
- Planning and implementing various project activities with a focus on food and nutritional security including maternal and child health as well as hygiene and sanitation.
- Implementing project activity plans with a focus on food and nutritional security including maternal and child health
- Contribute to annual, monthly and weekly planning as well as to regular reflection and monitoring within the project team and as program team
- Provide monthly report of the activities progress to the project manager
- Be able to facilitate action to provide gender equality, rural development, and health care training to the villager level
- Coordinate with GoL counterparts, timely implement activities such as arranging and facilitating community meetings, supporting for monitoring change at community level.
- Participants and implement the project activity together to support and develop the nutrition and health activities including maternal, child health, and gender equity.
Selection Criteria Degree in a related field preferred, e.g. agriculture, environment or public health Degree or Bachelors degree related to health and public health is highly valued Willing to spend long periods in remote areas working with poor communities
- Ability to speak and understand Khmou and/or Akha is highly valued.
- Experience working with NGOs with related
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team in diverse professional backgrounds.
How to ApplyQualified candidates should submit a CV and a letter of application that address the Qualifications and Experience required to email@example.com or Maiyu.firstname.lastname@example.org before the dateline: January 30th, 2016 CARE Laos is committed to working towards equitable relationships and opportunity for women and men. We seek to create and maintain an organization environment that is free of harassment and exploitation of children. Members of ethnic groups of Lao PDR, women and people living with disabilities, who meet the selection criteria are strongly encouraged to apply. (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CVs and other documents submitted to CARE will not be return)
1283 total views, 1 today