Full-Time COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Plan International in Lao PDR
Plan works with children and poor communities in 48 developing countries. In Laos, Plan works in Bokeo Province, in basic education, early childhood development and nutrition, water, sanitation and hygiene, maternal and child health, and promotion of children’s rights.
Plan has no religious or political aims or affiliations. Visit www.plan-international.org for more information.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, members of ethnic groups and people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term employment opportunities for all posts.
COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER (Vientiane with frequent district travel)
Responsibilities will include
• Design and produce attractive, user-friendly materials for Plan supporters (reports, photos, video, etc)
• Design, testing and production of user-friendly information for partners, children and communities in Laos
• Translate and edit written materials from English to Lao and Lao to English
Skills, qualifications, experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Lao is essential
• Experience in journalism, PR or corporate communications a major advantage
• Excellent computer skills essential, including Word, Excel and use of on-line internet resources
• Skills in photography, design and/or video an advantage
For all Plan positions
• Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women are essential
• Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy.
These include appropriate reference and background checks.
• Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence will be entered into.
• Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews, skills testing and other selection procedures.
Closing date for applications: 30 November, 2012
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send your resume/CV, with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Plan International Laos, PO Box 6026, Vientiane, or to PlanLaos.JobVacancies@plan-international.org. Please state in cover letter how you learned about the job – through email, Vientiane Times, Vientiane Mai, VINGO Directory, Job to Day or Lao jobs Vacancy website, or friends.
1121 total views, 1 today