Full-Time COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
TITLE: Communications Assistant
DATE: January 2013
PSI is a non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. that harnesses the vitality of the private sector to address the health problems of low-income and vulnerable populations in more than 60 developing countries. With programs in malaria, reproductive health, child survival and HIV, PSI promotes products, services and healthy behaviour that enable low-income and vulnerable people to lead healthier lives.
PSI Laos seeks a highly responsible, dynamic person with experience in communications for the position of Communications Assistant (CA). The main function and responsibility of the CA is to oversee all administrative and logistical work of the Communication Department and its team, working closely with government and non-government partners. The CA will mainly work in Vientiane Capital, with occasional travel to the provinces.
• Coordinate all logistical and administrative work of the Communications Department;
• Work with suppliers to procure equipment, IEC materials, and other communications materials;
• Assist in the execution of all PSI communications activities for all projects;
• Coordinate with relevant government ministries to obtain approval for PSI communication activities.
• Bachelor degree in communications, management or related field;
• 2 years working experience communications and/or logistics/project assistance;
• Proficient English, including writing, speaking and listening;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Excellent organizational management skills;
• Lao national.
The successful candidate will have a high level of honesty and integrity, be results oriented, have excellent communication and writing skills and a strong work ethic, proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a positive team player, and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Ms. Pinkham Phalakhone, PSI/Laos Human Resource Coordinator, by January 4th, 2013. Submit by email (email@example.com) or deliver a hard copy to PSI/Laos (Donkoi Village, Unit 16, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital). Full Job description can be requested from Ms. Pinkham. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1071 total views, 1 today