Full-Time COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: LAO NATIONALS ONLY
The National Governance and Public Administration Reform Programme (NGPAR) of the Government of Lao PDR has been formulated for the period 2011-15 to support the Government’s implementation and monitoring of the National GPAR
Programme. Supported by a NGPAR Programme Secretariat led by the Department of Planning and International Cooperation of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA), the programme secretariat provides the technical, coordination and capacity development support to MoHA in order to effectively implement the various components and activities of the NGPAR as well as support the monitoring of the implementation of the Strategic Plan on Governance through the Leading Committee on Governance, and the Government-Development Partner dialogue and coordination of governance reform initiatives through the Governance Sector Working Groups and sub-sector working Groups,
Project title: NGPAR Programme
Duty station: Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Duration of appointment: 12 months (renewable) with 3 months probation
I. Communication specialist
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a strategic communication and outreach strategy for NGPAR (including the GSWG)
• Work with NGPAR staff in planning and implementing communications initiatives in support of meetings of Leading Committee on Governance, GWSG/SSWG, NGPAR and participation in Roundtable Meetings, and related events
• Assist in developing output profiles and reports, to communicate with partners;
• Assist in information management, including paper and electronic records;
• Support the implementation of communication action plans aligned with outputs;
• Coordinate the production and publication of the National GPAR Programme newsletter and the other NGPAR documents;
• Support press conferences and write/edit press releases, speeches, newspaper articles and reports
• Support the maintenance and updating of information on the MoHA/GPAR website;
• Lead the production of brochures, handouts, leaflets, videos and photographs;
• Assist with translation of related documents to English Support the organization of conferences, workshops, functions and stakeholder meetings;
• Coordinate and support the NGPAR CTA and DDF Adviser to ensure that key NGPAR initiatives are shared and communicated to UNDP’s global and regional knowledge networks such as the TeamWorks and Asia Pacific Regional Centre weekly update
• Proactively liaise, coordinate with and engage journalists, press/news agencies and television stations when there are important programme events
• Assist in producing radio and video clips for TV programmes on NGPAR and MoHA activities
The Communication Specialist will need to be at least a mid-level professional with at least a Bachelor degree in the field of communications/public relations or a related field which could include public administration, political science, business administration, management or journalism. S/he has experience in working within a developing country environment, and clearly demonstrates high levels of creativity, initiative, and interpersonal skills. Therefore s/he is expected to have:
• Minimum five years experience in communications/public information/ public relations;
• Experience in creating and editing reports, press releases, pamphlets, training materials etc;
• Prior experience in graphic design and layout of publications;
• Prior experience in organising events, preparing action plans and conducting research;
• Results orientation, with strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation and reporting skills;
• Mature personality with experience working in mixed cultural teams. Sensitivity to gender and ethnic minority issues.
• Strong oral and written English and Lao communications skills. Sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and relevant software;
In addition, s/he should be available to undertake travel to the provinces to provide support to project activities for durations as necessary.
How to Apply
For more details, contact National GPAR Programme Secretariat Support Project Office. Tel: 212710. Fax: 217619.
Website: www.moha.gov.la, then Projects -> NGPAR –> Job Opportunity. E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org . Vongsaly81@gmail.com .
Interested candidates should submit their CV to:
National GPAR Programme Secretariat Support Project Office Ministry of Home Affairs, Nahaidiao Compound, Vientiane Capital
Please Note: Closing Date: 19 April 2013 Qualified women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
1053 total views, 1 today