Full-Time COMMUNICATION MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Handicap International (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. It works alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights
Position type: Full Time
Base location: Vientiane Capital
- Support verbal translation from Lao to English and English to Lao during trainings, workshops and meetings with project partners.
- Support written translation from Lao to English and English to Lao for required project documents and tools, and publications.
- Ensure that all printed materials are in line with the HI Graphic Charter (where applicable) and accessibility standards
- Consult with the HI Coordinator of Operations and HI Country Director to ensure appropriate visibility of donor logos in all printed materials.
- Supervise one IT & Graphic Design Officer to support the development of program IEC materials and layout of program publications.
- Work with project teams to develop communication materials (i.e. project posters, contributions to HI Blog, contribution to HI Newsletter, Presentation of HI strategy, Presentation of HI organization mission and values, etc.) and receive approval from Coordinator of Operations for dissemination.
- Accompany HI visitors (i.e. from HI Headquarters, donors, Technical Support Missions, consultants, etc.) to meetings and to the field as required and provide verbal translation
- Work with project and support service teams to develop a quarterly Newsletter (2-4 pages maximum) of the HI Laos program and receive approval from the Program Director for printing and dissemination.
- Coordinate with HI Logistics team to identify high quality translation, editing and printing service providers/consultants. Provide feedbacks to HI Logistics team regarding the quality of external translation, editing and printing services/consultants.
- Support the HI Logistics Officer to build relationships with relevant service providers (i.e. translators, consultants, editors, printing companies)
- Submit monthly reports to the Coordinator of Operations;
- Excellent Lao and English written and verbal communication skills.
- At least two years’ experience as a translator and/or communications officer
- Good knowledge of Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Good knowledge of graphic design tools and software (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
- Experience in journalism, photography and disability
- Experience in an INGO or other development organization.
How to ApplyThe full Job Description can be found: http://directoryofngos.org/ Handicap International offers Monthly salary: LAK 6.700.000 to LAK 7.300.000 (depending on qualifications) + Medical fund + 13th month + other benefits. Applicants should email a letter of interest + CV + contact details of 3 references to: email@example.com by 20 February 2016. State clearly in the Email subject the position being applied for. Handicap International P.O. Box 2496, 51/1 Hongkae Road, Ban Sisangvone, Saysettha District, Vientiane, Lao PDR Telephone: (021) 412110, 451298,Facsimile: (021) 416242 Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
1615 total views, 3 today