Full-Time CLIMATE CHAANGE PROJECT MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Adventist Development & Relief Agency – LAOS
ADRA Laos is committed towards serving the people of the Lao PDR to alleviate poverty through empowering partnerships.
ADRA Laos is seeking a qualified Lao national for the position of Climate Change Project Manager to work in Mok district, Xiengkhuang Province.
The Regional Environmental Adaptation to Climate Change Training and Implementation Project (REACTi Project) in a local community climate change adaptation project that is being implemented in Mok Mai District, Xiengkhuang Province. The programmatic goal of the project is to facilitate an informative forum and specialized training in sustainable agriculture and natural resource management climate change adaptation techniques to ensure rural community members have the tools to plan for the future in the face of escalating climate variability.
Purpose of Position:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Program Director and the Program Officer, the Climate Change Project manager will ensure the effective and efficient management and implementation of the SEA: REACTi Project as per the project proposal, budget and donor requirements. The Climate Change Project manager will effectively manage his/her staff, and will ensure sound development principles. He/she will adhere to the mission, values and principles of ADRA Laos as stated in the HR Handbook. He/she will uphold the policies and procedures of ADRA Laos, and will ensure quality monitoring and evaluation (M&E), documentation and reporting of the project.
Climate Change Project Manager’s Responsibilities:
• Collaborates and coordinates effectively with ADRA Laos Program Staff
• Coordinates effectively with government counterparts (PAFO, DAFO, Ministry level counterparts—NAFRI)
• Work with Provincial, District and Ministry government staff to assess local Climate Change adaptation measures—determine what adaptation measures are most in need in Mok Mai District
• Detailed Implementation Planning measures are in place at the beginning of the project using community level participatory measures
• Performs a range of management functions to ensure effective implementation of project activities: Planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and delegating responsibility
• Support the design and data collection necessary to implement Climate Change adaptation measures
• Coordinates effectively with ADRA Vietnam staff
• Prepares and submits a monthly narrative report and financial report to ADRA Program and Finance Staff
• Prepares and submits a quarterly narrative report and financial report to ADRA Program and Finance Staff
• Coordinates a PR and Marketing campaign in Laos via public media (newspapers, online blogs, government counterparts)
• Achieves the project proposal’s Goals, Objectives and Outcomes
Impact of Results:
The Climate Change Project Manager will ensure that the project outcomes result in a positive impact on ADRA’s development program. The work achieved through the project will promote the image of ADRA as an effective contributor to the development in the area/region.
In addition, the Project Manager will ensure that the outcomes achieved in the SEA:REACTi Project are disseminated throughout Laos, and will seek ways to upscale and integrate the project outcomes in future programming initiatives.
• Demonstrates honesty in all undertakings & commitment to ADRA’s mission, principles and values
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
• Displays the highest professional and ethical standards
• Represents and maintains a positive organizational image of professionalism
• University Degree/Diploma—preferably a Master’s Degree in Agriculture, climate change sciences or a similar field
• Strong understanding and prior experience in agriculture, forestry, conservation, land management and planning
• Computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Database functions
• Excellence in Laos and English
Duration: 5 months, starting 1 October 2013 to 28 February 2014
Duty Station: Mok district, Xiengkhouang Province
How to Apply
A letter of Intent and CV should be sent in sealed envelope or email to email@example.com before September 20 (Friday) to ADRA Laos, Attn: Human Resources Officer, Ban Phonthan, Xaysetha district, Vientiane Capital. P.O. Box 5000, Vientiane, Lao PDR, Tel: 021 264611-2.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an interview and applications will not be returned.
1226 total views, 1 today