NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(Announcement No. 12/59)
OPEN TO: All interested candidates
POSITION: Chauffeur, FSN-3
OPENING DATE: November 27, 2012
CLOSING DATE: December 14, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: Actual grade and salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant.
NOTE: THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION. THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL COME UNDER LOCAL LABOR LAW, AND BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE EMBASSY’S LOCAL COMPENSATION PLAN.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN LAOS AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Vientiane is seeking an individual for the position of Chauffeur in the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command (JPAC).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent serves as the Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command’s (JPAC) chauffeur. Operates JPAC vehicles in a safe manner and performs daily maintenance inspections. Chauffeurs JPAC personnel and authorized visitors, transports personnel to and from the airport in Vientiane and Udon, Thailand and assists visitors with luggage.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of elementary school is required
2. Prior Work Experience: At least one year progressive experience as a chauffeur.
3. Language Proficiency: Basic knowledge of English and good working knowledge of Lao language is required.
4. Knowledge: Knows how to operate and perform minor repairs to passenger vehicles and trucks. Must be familiar with local laws and traffic pattern.
5. Skills and Abilities: Posses valid driving licenses for both passenger cars and trucks.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following for the application to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (Form DS-174). Download the form at: http://laos.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Rue Bartholonie, That Dam
PO Box 114, Vientiane, Laos (Hardcopy or e-mail attachments are accepted)
POINT OF CONTACT
Interested persons should contact Embassy Human Resources Office for more information. Blank application forms may be picked up from the cabinet inside the Embassy Entrance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: December 14, 2012
An Equal Opportunity Employer
1507 total views, 2 today