Full-Time AGRICULTURE AND LIVESTOCK SPECIALIST
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Village Focus International (VFI), is seeking a Agriculture and Livestock Specialist
This position is focused on the provision of appropriate and high quality technical livelihood training. Village Focus International proposes to provide agriculture training in the demonstration of sustainable and environmentally friendly farming techniques and resource and networking for vulnerable farmers and families. The position will be based at Green Earth Center, but will also implement pilot activities in selected villages in Salavan and possibly in neighboring provinces.
- Take overall responsibility to train and provide practical demonstrations in appropriate agriculture techniques.
- Provide in-village leadership, management and general technical direction of the project’s rural livelihoods interventions
- Develop and implement training and capacity building activities focused on increasing household and microenterprise productivity and income
- Identify opportunities to link up growing rural enterprises with potential business partners in related market systems.
- Actively promote commitment and ownership of government and other local stakeholders for livelihood services.
- Producing Village Livelihood Plans (which will detail current livelihoods of and potential opportunities for target villages)
- Graduate in agriculture/animal husbandry/fishery/ horticulture from a recognized institute/university.
- At least 5 years work experience in above-mentioned areas required and working directly with vulnerable.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in-villages and with local government staff members.
- Strong capacity to work with a team, with demonstrated initiative and leadership
- Proficiency in working with MS office.
- Fluency in Lao language, with capacity to speak and written English desired
How to ApplyPlease send a letter of interest and CV to VFI by May 25, 2015. Tel: 021- 312519 or contact Mrs. Kongseng at email@example.com
948 total views, 3 today