Full-Time ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
(For Lao Nationality only)
Application close: 20 May 2013
Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in the developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, we develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary schools children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond. We are non-government, non-religious and work with many local community based organizations to implement the programs.
Currently, we are looking for applicants who are committed, enthusiastic and having qualification and related experiences to fill in the following positions:
1. Accounting and Finance Manager (Based in Vientiane – 1 position) – readvertised
The Accounting & Finance Manager (AFM) will report to the Country Director and serve as a member of the County Management Team. The AFM will have the overall responsibility for finance, accounting, audit and legal functions, and will work closely with other members of the Country Management Team to ensure that strong financial management of Room to Read resources is practiced in the Office.
• Lead and guide the Finance and Accounting Department on their day to day functioning;
• Train, develop, and supervise the country office (CO) finance & accounting team;
• Oversee the development, approval and implementation of the CO’s annual budget and quarterly forecast;
• Ensure all finance and accounting activities are consistent with global strategic plan;
• Establish a framework for financial analysis and reporting on a regular basis that meets CO, Regional Office and Global office requirements;
• Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures;
• Review internal audits and follow up, and ensure timely mitigating steps with regards to the audit observations/recommendation.
Qualification and Experience:
• A professional degree in Accounting or Finance or Master Degree in Account/Finance;
• At least 5 years of working experience in account/finance, particularly in business or INGOs Sectors;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Experience of working at National level in a multi- location organization;
• In depth knowledge of financial and accounting systems, financial reporting as per local legal compliances;
• Adept at using Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
• Training/capacity building and management skills and experience;
• Results oriented; commitment to quality and efficiency;
• Strong initiative, good leadership skill and team player;
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter indicating position applied and CV in English through email: Laos@roomtoread.org. In case, you cannot reach us through email, you can post and send it to the country office in the address: P.O Box 11607, Ban Watnak , Unit 5 Sisattanak District, Vientiane Lao PDR.
Also you can also find the job details in INGO Web site: http://www.directoryofngos.org/pub/index.php
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted
1102 total views, 1 today