Full-Time Procurement Associate
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
Background Information – Cambodia Multi-Country Office
UNOPS established its Cambodia Multi-Country Office (KHOH) in early 2013. Since then, KHOH has carried out a diverse set of projects/programs, such as a multi-donor funded project to support the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (also known as the Khmer Rouge Tribunal). Also, KHOH has been providing advisory services in the infrastructure sector to other development partners, such as the Government of the Russian Federation and KOICA, and procurement support and advisory services to different line ministries of the Royal Government of Cambodia.
UNOPS KHOH is also overseeing business activities and/or providing Support and Services to UNOPS operations in other countries, within the Greater Mekong Sub-Region such as Lao PDR and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, as well as the Philippines, mainly focused on the infrastructure sector, but also encompassing good governance, trade facilitation and environmental issues.
Finally, KHOH is providing Support Services to the Malaria Programs and Regional Artemisinin Initiative (RAI) funded by the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM).
UNOPS KHOH is in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with different development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio comprised of projects and programs in the infrastructure and environmental sectors, as well as continuing with the provision of transactional services (HR and Procurement services). For that, UNOPS is subsequently looking for qualified and committed experts that can contribute to fulfill our mandate in the Greater Mekong Sub-Region and beyond.
Background Information – Lao PDR
In October 2017, UNOPS established its new country office in Vientiane, the capital of Lao PDR. The Project portfolio of UNOPS in Lao PDR traces back to 2007 and it includes Small Grants Programme supported by the Global Environment Fund, the Regional Artemisinin Initiative (RAI) implemented jointly with the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), and Management of the Fleming Fund Country Grant, among others..
The UNOPS Lao PDR Office is part of the UNOPS Cambodia Multi-Country Office (KHOH), which provides oversight, support and services to UNOPS operations in the country offices.
UNOPS Lao PDR is in the process of expanding its area of engagement in cooperation with its development partners, focusing mainly on a portfolio of projects and programs in procurement, infrastructure and governance support to the local government and is subsequently looking for qualified and committed experts.
Background Information – Job-specific
UNOPS Lao PDR is hiring for the position of Procurement Associate under its Cambodia office. Reporting to the Project Manager, the incumbent is responsible to management for provision of general procurement support in UNOPS Lao PDR.
Summary of Key results area:
- Transactional Procurement Support services
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering processes
- Contract administration
- Team Management
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
1. Transactional Procurement Support services
Administers a range of transactional-procurement support activities, ensuring compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including the following:
- Incorporation of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
- Completeness of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources.
- Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
- Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
- Status reports generated, as required.
- Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
2. Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
Administratively and technically supports the office’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office.
Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage.
Review of requisitions for completeness.
Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Job Profiles and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP, RFQ and ITB, ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests.
Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters.
Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters.
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters.
Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken.
3. Bidding and tendering processes
Undertakes or supervises technical support to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officer.
- Preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required, ensuring their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking legal clearance in case of required adjustments.
- Together with the requesting programme/operations clients, support review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards and for submission to the LCPC or other, statutory, designated body.
- Preparation of HQCPC, or designated body, submission together with the requesting programme/operations component.
- Organizing of LCPC (or designated, statutory body) meetings as may be required, and circulating at least 24 hours in advance documents for review.
- Maintenance of records of LCPC or designated, statutory body.
4. Contract administration
Supports efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Follow-up signing of contracts by vendors.
- Obligation of funds in Enterprise system and obtaining of appropriate signatures for approval.
- Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards.
- Maintenance of contracts and filing system.
- Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics.
5. Team Management
- Facilitates the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provides oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
6. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organizes, facilitates and/or delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement.
- Collects feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Impact of Results
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required. The first University Degree may substitute for four (4) years of experience.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is strongly desirable.
- Supervisory experience of personnel in procurement support services is desirable.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in Contract Management is desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
Fluency in English is strongly desirable.
- Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
- Contract level: LICA-6
- Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Duty station: Vientiane, Lao PDR. Vientiane city is a family duty station.
How to ApplyApply online at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=19767 Deadline: 21 May 2020. Instruction how-to-apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/About/HowToApply.aspx
1954 total views, 1 today