Bid No. WS-CW20: Water Supply, Drainage and Public Sanitation Works
Invitation for Bids
(This advertisement supersedes that shown in the Vientiane Mai on 25 July 2012)
Date: 25 July 2012
Grant No. and Title: ADB Grant 0143-LAO: Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation
Bid No. and Title: Bid No. WS-CW20: Water Supply, Drainage and Public Sanitation Works
for the District Town of Pakbeng, Oudomxay Province, Lao PDR
Deadline for Submission of Bids: 10 September 2012, 10:00 hours
The Lao Peoples’ Democratic Republic has received a grant (“Grant”) from the Asian
Development Bank (“ADB”) towards the cost of the Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project. Part of this Grant will be used for payments under the contracts named above.
The Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MPWT), the Employer, now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the civil works under this contract. This contract includes civil works for water supply, drainage and public sanitation. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
Only eligible bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
• (a) Experience under construction contracts in the role of contractor, subcontractor or management contractor for at least the last five years prior to the bid submission deadline; (b) participation as contractor, management contractor, or subcontractor, in at least one contract within the last five years, with a contract value equivalent to at least US$1.5million, and are substantially complete and are similar to the proposed works; and (c) construction experience in the following key activities (i) construction of reinforced concrete structures built to a water retaining standard such as water treatment plants, dams, weirs and irrigation works, with a demonstrated capacity to pour concrete up to 50m3/day; (ii) supply and laying of pipelines not less than 150mm diameter (more than 5km in one year); and (iii) installation of electrical motors up to 20KW, and hydraulic pumps.
• Have a positive net worth which is calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities for the last three years. The figures used should be derived from audited balance sheets years and income statements or other financial statements for the last 3 (three) years.
• The minimum average annual construction turnover within the last three years should be not less than US$1.8million.
• All pending litigation shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder and so shall in total not represent more than 50 precents of the Bidder’s worth.
• The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments, to meet the financial requirements of the contract in the amount of the Bid. As a minimum, the Bidder must show that his resources, in terms of at least his latest year’s working capital and lines of credit, will be adequate to cover his total Bid Price (one or more contracts) and current work commitments.
• Interested bidders must be able to provide at least one engineer with at least seven years of work experience and at least three years of experience in works of similar nature; one Foreman/Construction Supervisor with at least seven years of work experience and at least five years of experience in similar nature; an Electrical/Mechanical Supervisor with at least five years work experience and at least three years of experience in similar nature; and a Commissioning Supervisor with at least five years work experience and at least three years experience in works of a similar nature.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect Bidding Documents, at the address given below:
Mr. Phomma Veoravanh
Director, Project Coordination Unit
Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project
3rd Floor, Public Works and Transport Institute
Dongpalane Road, Vientiane Capital City, Lao PDR
Tel. +856-21-416519, +856-21-453128
Fax. +856-21-415658, +856-21-263362
The Bidding Documents, in the English language, may be purchased by interested eligible bidders on submission of a written application to address above, and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of US$100. The method of payment will be in cash or by Western Union bank draft or check to Account No. 0108110118984 (in US$) at BCEL. The Bidding Documents will be sent by courier service, or equivalent, if necessary. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery. Additional charge for courier service will be US$120.
Bids must be delivered to the address above on or before 10 September 2012 at 10:00 hours.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security equivalent to 2 perpent of the bidder’s price.
Bids will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address above.